AVR600 online reviews
US magazine Home Theater declares the AVR600 "Top Pick".
A full online video review of the AVR600 is presented by Dominic Dawes of Whathifi.com.
Read the 6 page, in-depth review from US Magazine Widescreen Review.
See Arcam's John Dawson discuss the AVR600 with Cinenow's Bob Hendricks during its preview at the September 2008 CEDIA Expo in Denver.
Also, see Arcam's Richard Trotter showing off the AVR600 in more detail to Cinenow, back in the UK in November 2008.
The AVR600 in detail
The AVR600 AV receiver represents a tour-de-force of Arcam’s design skill and technical prowess.
While most receivers are designed to provide an overwhelming list of specifications but are short on outright performance, the AVR600 is focused on the complete experience. Never before has an AV receiver delivered such a fine balance of state of the art sound and video processing backed up by an all-encompassing technical specification.
The AVR600’s discrete styling hides a huge seven channel, 120wpc power amplifier and some of the most advanced audio and video processing ever seen in a high-performance AV receiver.
Fully equipped for the high definition world, the AVR600 decodes the very latest Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, DTS High-Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio streams with phenomenal precision.
With well over 100 input, output and control connections, from simple analogue I/O to high-speed HDMI, the AVR600 is fully equipped to deal with the most demanding of home cinema systems or custom installations. Sources such as DVD, Blu-Ray, set-top boxes, iPods® and games machines are all accommodated with ease.
Using 6 layer PCBs and ultra high precision digital audio and video circuits, the internal design of the AVR600 is the culmination of thousands of man-hours of research and development work by Arcam’s world-class design team and represents the largest project ever completed by the company.
The AVR600 is available in black or silver finish.
The finest sound I have heard in my life, from any system. Ever. Anywhere.
Peter Moncrieff - Widescreen Review
The strongest bass I’ve ever heard from a receiver
Mark Fleischmann - Home Theater
Control the network media player on this product with your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and the FREE Songbook Arcam App available from the iTunes App Store!
- 120WPC continuous power output into 4 or 8 ohms loads (all 7 channels driven at 1kHz)
- Stereo output power over 150WPC into 4 or 8 ohms, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Huge toroidal power transformer and high efficiency class G amplifier ensures ample power for even the most demanding programme material
- In 5.1 speaker setups channels 6 & 7 assignable to bi-amplify front left and right or for use in Zone 2
- Audiophile quality components for best sound quality
- Multi-channel 7.1 analogue input for DVD-A or SACD sources
- Stereo direct mode bypasses and disables all digital processing for 2 channel analogue sources
- 9 stereo analogue inputs (including one MM phono input & front 3.5mm AUX input)
- Zone 2 stereo audio, from analogue inputs (Source and volume control independent from main zone)
- Zone 3 stereo audio, from analogue inputs
- Linked to Zone 2, volume control independent
- DAB/FM/AM or FM/AM stereo tuner with 50 presets
- Sirius Home Connect compatible input
- Support for iPod via Arcam rLead / rDock (independent of RS232 connection)
- State of the art Analog Devices ADSP-21366 & ADSP-21367 DSPs for surround decoding
- Crystal Semiconductor 24bit 192kHz DACs, stereo ADC and precision electronic volume controls
- Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital+, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS-HD Master
- Audio, DTS High-Resolution Audio, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS96/24, DTS Neo:6
- Dolby Volume processing for balancing of program material gain and tonal balance
- Adjustable crossover switching 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz
- 8 digital inputs 4 rear optical, 3 co-axial, 1 front 3.5mm optical AUX input
- Global audio delay, adjustable from 0-1000 milliseconds, to compensate for video processing delays in digital displays and sources
- USB input for audio file playback from UPnP mass storage devices
- Ethernet connection for Internet Radio and audio streaming
- 5 HDMI inputs (up to 1080p, Deep Colour)
- 2 HDMI outputs (up to 1080p, Deep Colour)
- 5 Component inputs, one monitor output (up to 1080i)
- 5 S-video inputs, one monitor output, 2 tape outputs
- 5 Composite video inputs, one monitor output, 2 tape outputs
- Full video up/down conversion & frame rate conversion of all inputs where technically allowed
- Video enhancements: Edge enhancement, Mosquito noise reduction, Random noise reduction, Block noise reduction
Custom Install Features
- Independent Zone 2 (audio & video), with fixed/variable volume
- Zone 3 audio with fixed/variable volume
- RC-5 remote input jacks for all three zones
- IR pass through for source components
- Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including separate on / off etc
- 12Volt triggers, on / off for zones 1, 2 and 3
- Full duplex RS232 control input for more complex control systems
- Supplied with back-lit CR102 learning remote
- control with support for up to 7 other
- components and a huge on-board code
- Large, high contrast dimmable VFD front
- panel display
- User switchable between 120 & 230Volt
- mains supplies
- Size – 435mm (17.1in) wide, 435mm (17.1in)
- deep, 185mm (7.3in) high
- Weight 25kg nett, 30kg packed