Monitor Audio CW8 8-inch Custom Subwoofer
The new CW8 places all the power in the hands of installer and client. Engineered for control in operation, bass quality and concealment in-room, the compact CW8 cube will add explosive bass frequencies to music and AV systems when tucked behind furniture on room boundaries.
Each little bass-engine is generously specified with custom installation in mind, providing versatile input and control options including RS232 and a dedicated 'SubConnect' PC applet via a wired USB interface.
The compact rigid 18 mm MDF cubic cabinets with regular 25.5 cm dimensions incorporate no fewer than three robust, similarly sized 8" C-CAM drivers. Each system array comprises an active high-excursion drive unit powered and trimmed by potent DSP-tuned amplification, together with twin side-mounted ABRs (Auxiliary Bass Radiators).
- Ultra-compact ‘cube’ shape designs
- Twin side-mounted ABRs for increased output and reduced distortion. Higher output than a sealed box and better control and zero air noise compared to a ported box
- High excursion woofers featuring signature C-CAM cone technology
- High-power Class-D amplifier delivering 400 watts
- DSP processing –all functions performed in the digital domain for precise control
- RS-232 for integration with system controllers
- SubConnect’ PC Applet for full feature adjustment, installer set-up and firmware update using USB
- LFE Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA Inputs
- Stereo RCA line level inputs
- Phase switch (0-180 degrees)
- 12 V trigger and auto signal sensing with timer control
- 4 x pre-set equalisation optimised for music, movie, flat and impact with customisation through 'SubConnect‘ Applet
- Robust metal mesh grille on front woofer
- Rigid MDF cabinet construction with durable vinyl finish