Polk Audio Fxi-A4 Bipole Surround Speakers
The F/XiA4's engine is the dual Dynamic Balance® 1-inch dome tweeter design and a 5 1/4-inch Dynamic Balance driver that produces believable real-life effects at prodigious volumes. The selectable bipole/dipole function allows you to configure it to your space and 7.1 systems. The smaller cabinet enables it to fit in more places.
- The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound. Keyhole slots make mounting a snap.
- With the flip of a switch, our dipole/bipole circuitry changes the soundfield from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
- 12" (30.48 cm)
- 11.375" (28.89 cm)
- 7.437" (18.89 cm)
- 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
- Driver Enclosure Type
- Acoustically Tuned Vent
- Driver Complement
- (1) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone and rubber surround - Mid/Woofer
- (2) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome - Tweeter
- Mounting Type
- Keyhole Hanger
- Available Orientations
- Total Frequency Response
- 50 Hz → 27,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Lower and Upper -3dB Limits
- 60 Hz → 26,000 Hz
- Audio Inputs
- Speaker Inputs
- (1) Pair of 5-way Binding Posts - Gold Plated
- Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel
- 20 watts → 150 watts